Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Meet Sara's Child Nancy in Guatemala

A post by Sara S:
Here is Nancy G (the G is a middle initial, no privacy worries :) … I sponsor two young ladies named Nancy). Nancy is 8 and lives in Guatemala. I’ve been sponsoring her for almost two years. She was the second child I started sponsoring.

The newest annual photo of her looks really cute. In her 2009 photo she looked downright grumpy (which is fine, I looked grumpy in most of my photos as a kid because I didn’t like having my picture taken :) ).

I recently got a couple letters from Nancy (for some reason I tend to get letters in a large stack all at once instead of one at a time). They were both sweet letters, so I wanted to share them.

The first says:
“I hope you are healthy and happy along with your dear family and I am happy to know that I have cousins and we are a big family and we are happy as we are here in my community and we have all kids of animals like dogs, cats, parrots, birds, rabbits, hens, and I am thankful for the message you sent me and for the nice drawings of animals that are in the letters [I sent the most recent letter on a postcard with a picture of Colorado mountain animals on front, and asked her what kinds of animals lived near her] and I am thankful for the help you hive me and love and I like to do many activities with my friends and siblings. I say so long to you with love and respect and I wish you blessings.”

The second is a CR letter with some text already provided. The parts before the colon (:) were preprinted on the stationary . . . “I am excited to write you and tell you that: my teacher congratulated me because of my grades and I am happy to pass second grade and my mom feel proud of me and next year I will start studying to do my first communion and my brother plays with me.
My favorite season of the year is: summer, winter and fall because summer it is hot and winter I like to see how the rain falls in my window and fall because all the leaves fall down from the trees and flowers.
I am very happy to know that there is a person that, even though far away, thinks about me, that is why from the bottom of my heart I want to thank you for: the help you have given me and my family and for always remembering me always along with your family and I hope you are healthy and I say so long to you with love and may God bless you.”

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love meeting your kids Sara!

Mack said...

Those are very sweet letters! And such a cute, non-grumpy photo, too. Thanks for sharing!