Thursday, March 4, 2010

MIC Group Letter~ Abasa Moses


Dear Madam Sarah,

I take this opportunity to surly thank you after getting the assurance from Pr. Hellen that you are going to help me earn money to fund my education. Thank you very much!

I am a 17 year old boy living in Uganda. Since my childhood I still have both of my parents. Thanks be to God for both of them and what they have done for me. We live in a humble home with my other 3 brothers of who 2 stopped studying because of financial problems. One brother continues on in his studies with help from the government.

I always had a dream of studying a business course but my dream was shattered. I had to stop studying 2 terms ago because my father could not finance my education. My father was let go from his job 5 years ago. He struggled after that to continue to fund my education using the small shop he set up using his small savings. I still believed that God would one day allow me to achieve my dream of attending school again.

I am really happy having the great news. I sincerely promise to you and my God that I won't let you down. Thanks for the rescue. I am really touched and grateful for your help. Let the almighty God bless you very much. ENDLESSLY

Yours Sincerely,

Abasa Moses

*Abasa Moses needs 400,000 UGS in order to get back into school this term. He is in Senior 4. The total need for the term in US dollars in approximately $200. There are many ways you can help Moses:

1. Purchase some of the items that he has helped make (necklaces, aprons, bags, etc)

2. Make a donation toward the business. The group needs a tailoring machine to begin making outfits like the one you see Moses wearing. Those will sell for more than what the other items they are selling go for, so it would help immensely. I am not sure how much the machine will cost, but I am getting a quote. For sure we will need at least $100, but I am pretty positive it will be much more.

3. Make a donation towards Moses's education. To do so, just make a regular donation, and specify that you want it put toward Moses's education. The first term is 400, 000 UGS ($200), and his second term will cost 368,000 UGS ($184).

No comments: