Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Books that were sent to CUS for Christmas...















I sent the first wire for income to the MIC group on Monday. Innocent was able to pick it up today. They are all so grateful from every one's help, and they wanted me to let you all know that. There is another wire being sent to them this Monday. There will be a small "shop" set up at a local charity gig on Friday where (*fingers crossed*) 50 necklaces will be sold.


Now, in news about the school age children, Innocent said that they have really been enjoying the books that we sent. They have found the books very interesting and have a hunger for more!! That is very exciting!! I have lots of children's books to send that I will gladly donate again. If anyone would like to pay for shipping, please contact me. No amount is too small. I will send as many books that I can for the amount of shipping raised.


*I know a lot of you are disappointed in the lack of pictures from the school. I will be taking pictures before I mail them, and you can see that the kids are enjoying them... But, I can't guarantee any pictures on the Ugandan end. We did receive a picture of the box that the books were in last time, but not the kids receiving the books. We sent over 110 books for $110- so, about $1 per book!!! There are now approximately 300 children at the school now, so we have only provided a book to 1/3 of the children (though they are accessible to all).

No comments: