Monday, March 15, 2010

A Letter from Kevin in Ecuador

Mack and I received another letter from Kevin on Saturday (apparently, as I wasn't home- but it was waiting in my mail box). He seems to be quite the writer! I am very grateful for that because I love the letters! He is the next one in line for a fundraiser. He will benefit from a bed. Here is what his letter says:

"Hi, Mack and Heather,
Let me tell you that I thank God that my family and I are in good health and receive blessings. Right now I am enjoying school vacation, and I will be going to the countryside where my maternal grandparents live. It is a town where there are rivers to swim, but they are dangerous in winter, so we can't swim there. I didn't finish the last school year because of low grades. This year I am going to change schools and start the school year again. I deeply thank you for being a wonderful sponsor! I say good-bye with a big hug, Kevin"

*A small note- His father passed away last year, so his low grades are normal for a child who has experienced a death in the family. Hopefully, this year will be better for him, but I will make sure he doesn't fall through the cracks.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

With you and Macks encouragement I am sure he will do good this year in school!